For as long as I can remember, my Dad and I have been making furniture (saw dust) together. We spend hundreds of hours designing, building, (redesigning), and sanding our furniture. When it finally came time to put the finish on, we reached for the old “rag bag”.
This usually ended up in frustration, lots of wasted product, and generally a less professional finish than we would have liked. We have tried bristle brushes, foam brushes, other stain pads and we usually come back to rags - not because they work well, but because they are the "less-terrible" alternative.
Finally, we decided to glue a microfiber rag to a foam brush and viola - the perfect applicator was invented. We started making this for woodworkers we know and they loved it. Now we want to bring it to the rest of the woodworking community.